I’m back, new eggs on the way!!!

Pics
View attachment 1671754
Egg carton is something of a failure theyve decided theyre perfect sleeping pods and kick all the feed out. I had just cleaned this two hra ago.

LOL!!!!! Sleeping pods!!! Omg that is really cute lol I mean it sucks they did that but it’s pretty funny lol!! Mine slee in the bowls too, and wake up and eat. Sometimes 2-3 try to fit in one bowl or they fall asleep with heads hanging off the side lol

I have no big area right now - I am getting a large coop/run/pen that will hold many prob in a month or so. For now I have small flocks like 6-8 in a pen including 1 roo. They have bedding and dried leaves and things to play in. They seem pretty happy though I think I might have an extra rooster in with one of the other roosters and I’ll have to figure it out soon (I stuck two whites in there over the winter and I think they are girls but I don’t know 100%) and I’ll be taking those whites out.

The other pen is all Browns same thing 6-8 including 1 rooster.

Then a smaller pen with all boys. (I think, again some white in there) so it’s like a bachelor pad for now, and there may or may not be some fighting - so someone is gonna have to go. I was just using that one as a grow out, and no fighting during winter though that’s prob gonna change but it *may* not if there are no girls there... but there will be more room once I get the larger pen/run thing I want but I will still keep the meat birds separate in their own pens those are my big brown ones. I’ll do a couple large batches of those over the summer grow them out and then - ya know - freezer time.

Yes I am deathly allergic to dander!!! No dogs no cats! But I got stuck with the cats - two are outside only those were my daughters and they are happy to be outdoor cats, they seem to like the chickens when I let the chickens come out when it’s warmer and we spend a lot of time in the back on the deck. The other cat I found near deaths door she’s in the garage I can’t have her inside. I was going to try to let her outside with the other cats after winter but I gotta be honest she’s dumb as a box of rocks I think she’s got brain damage maybe from abuse? I don’t know. She seems confused a bit, one eye doesn’t close all the way... the girls got issues lol. But she seems ok in the garage, so whatever I guess it’s better than being dead at the end of the road?

I also would have taken the horse! Lol! I LOVE horses I grew up taking riding lessons and grooming/cleaning up after horses lol I worked for my lessons I was so desperate and they were expensive but just to be around them I was happy. And yes I am allergic to them as well! But dogs seem to be the absolute worst! Dogs and cats in houses. I can’t take it. I have to leave after a few mins, can’t breath gotta take my meds. So when we go to Florida and visit my friend we mostly sit outside cause she’s had cats her whole life. I also break out in hives lol. Outside is better I just can’t touch my hands to my face or anything if I have touched a cat/animal I have to wash them right away. I’ve had my lips swell up and I get hives LOL!

So I just take precautions and no furries in the house. Only birds in the house! (I have a slight allergy to birds as well but I’ve gotten used to them and I just deal with it) I’m pretty much allergic to all the trees, the grasses, the weeds, molds, roaches, dust mites... I deep clean the house once a week so dust doesn’t start to accumulate! I do it on Thursdays! Lol!

Oh and I had a chick once with the crooked neck - nothing worked for that absolutely nothing would fix that neck, he stopped thriving he was still eating but it was just sad looking so I did put him down. He wasn’t gaining like the rest and I couldn’t take it anymore to see him that way. That was the very first batch of quail we got. Most of the others we got with him became the breeders out back (except the extra males... lolololol) we only started with 10 babies. I haven’t seen the neck thing again thankfully and I hope I never do but I’m sure I will!

Back
Top Bottom