I want ideas for productive animals to live in this enclosure.

Sussex19

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
Jul 3, 2022
NSW Australia
I have a roughly 15 by 9 foot enclosure, with a hard dirt floor. Two thirds is walk in, the other third you can walk in, but you need to duck.
In the moment its got pet guinea pigs in it, but they are getting on in age, and I was wondering what I could keep in it after they are gone.
I would like productive animals, and by that I mean meat, as we have enough eggs.
I had thought of quail, and rabbits, both have problem with diseases, but I might be able to get round that if it could work in other ways. Any thoughts on them, or any other ideas?

Don't they need water? And I wouldn't have thought its quite big enough for them?
Quail aren't gonna care how tall it is, they're grownd dwelling. They also don't go into the house at night, they bed down where they are
The height is mostly for me, so I don't hit my head, although of course if it were a befit that would be good.
I forgot to say that its got a tin roof, so its all dry in side, so I guess that might be good for quail so they will stay dry were ever they are?

Back
Top Bottom