I'm Baaaaaaaack!

tentreeacres

In the Brooder
11 Years
Nov 1, 2008
Texas
Well, I'm back! I hadn't been on here for a few months now, and I guess I was gone long enough that my account cancelled, but I used to be newchickowner and now I'm tentreeacres. I had about 20 Aracaunas and was always talking about my beautiful green/blue eggs on here with the other green/blue eggs fans. But I went to FL to visit my family in July and I was gone for four weeks. While I was gone, my neighbor was taking care of them and didn't shut the coop up well I guess and my poor chickens were masacred by some neighborhood mutts!!! I was heartbroken!!! I was 1,200 miles away and couldn't do a darn thing about it!

My neighbor even came down to my house (several acres away from hers) in the middle of the night when she heard a ruckus and caught the dogs in the act and threw rocks at the dogs to run them off. But it was too late, they were all killed. (they don't own guns.)

The first time I mowed the lawn just a day after we arrived back home I mowed with tears streaming out of my eyes for all the feathers the mower was chopping up! I was devestated to say the least!

But I'm finally back and I wanted to say hi, and tell everyone that I saved some more chickens just four days ago. They are RIR's. I think because I had chickens I inspired my neighbor to get some, he started building his coop in the summer and incubated some eggs, but when they hatched out he had 9 roos and only 5 hens. They are about 5 months old now and he abandoned them (when he left his wife) and she doesn't want them so I took them in. Needless to say, I have too many roos. I posted in the Buy/Sell/Trade section of the forum. If anyone's interested, PLEASE check it out! They need good homes.

It's good to be back!

woot.gif
Welcome back! So sorry to hear about your losses.
he.gif

Welcome back! I'm sorry to hear that your first flock was killed...

I'm glad you have some new girls, though!

I hope to see you around here more often!
smile.png

thanks ya'll, it's good to be back and I missed it here talking to the other chicken lovers! My family and friends don't quite understand!
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom