Incubation-do I have the steps right?

Ok, I ve been reading because I want to hatch eggs. I was hoping to hatch some of our own. Until this post, I didn’t want to ask, but is that possible to put my chickens eggs in an incubator? And, I’m guessing that as with any item, you get what you pay for...is there a mid-priced incubator..maybe $75 that is good enough? Ok, sorry to but in on such an awesome thread!
Look on Amazon at reviews of the incubators. You'll find that the reviews tell all. That's how I found mine. I've hatched 29 chicks from 39 eggs in the past 2 months. I lost 9 my first time and only 1 the second hatch.

Ok, I ve been reading because I want to hatch eggs. I was hoping to hatch some of our own. Until this post, I didn’t want to ask, but is that possible to put my chickens eggs in an incubator? And, I’m guessing that as with any item, you get what you pay for...is there a mid-priced incubator..maybe $75 that is good enough? Ok, sorry to but in on such an awesome thread!
it kinda depends on how much hatching you want to do.....the janoelle 12 (listed under different brand names on amazon) is a fairly reliable incubator in the $75 price range, but only holds 9-12 chicken eggs. I also have 2 56-egg incubators in that price range that give me decent hatch rates as well. (they are not as compact and easy to store as the janoelle 12). some have found the farm innovator and hovabator brands at less expensive pricing (in 90-100$ range)

Look on Amazon at reviews of the incubators. You'll find that the reviews tell all. That's how I found mine. I've hatched 29 chicks from 39 eggs in the past 2 months. I lost 9 my first time and only 1 the second hatch.
Don't trust reviews.
More that 1/3 of all online reviews are fake.
Many people hire fake review writing companies just to sell more stuff.

It is better to read real life hatching stories right here on BYC by searching for the incubator name.

I just ordered eggs from Meyer for the end of Feb,... 6 LO, 3 SS and 3 welsummers. My incubator can hold 48, but I may just get another 12 locally for my incubator. I got it last year and cleaned it up, it was in storage. I may get some local eggs to use in my DIY incubators just for fun the same time. I am also going to build one for a pre-school.

I added more eggs to my order which will bring it to 24 in FEB,.... 3SS,3 Welsumers, 1BA, 8LO, 6 olive eggers, 3 partidge rocks. I am eyeballing a farm near me for the last 12 it will be barnyard mix.

(I have a SS pullet, and I like her so I didn't want just one, I also have a laying Wel, and didn't want just one, I have 2 laying BA so just one egg there, the olive eggers from Meyer hatchery are not just green but the dark green eggs. I have a few EE but wanted dark green, the LO are normally 23+dollars a pullet, the eggs were only 2.17 so such a deal and I got 8. I enjoy the 2 adult I have. And the partidge rocks look pretty in the pics. So that is my why. I have a lady who may want a diff rooster, so if I hatch some out she can have her pic. And I will sell any LO roosters, they are too pretty to eat, oh also I know a breeder who likes fresh blood in his flock, he will probably take the LO roosters.)

Back
Top Bottom