Is Double Dutch Duck a KC?

It was the green bill and darker head that said male to me.
My 2 adult females are different shades from each other but consistent in their coloring. Darker duck has the same shade on head, neck and body, same with the lighter one, if that makes sense.
My ducks came from a hatchery so I'm sure not bred to a good standard. There are variations in them. Could be same for yours. :confused:
Her legs are very light orange and her bill looks much greener in the pics than in real life. And her head is slightly darker than body, but again, looks darker in the pics. Oh boy she's a super loud one. More so recently since her best friend, my senior dog died last weekend. She sat on a mound of soil and yelled every evening for days.
She originally came from a farm of unknown quality. She seems rather a nice type, though.

When the Australian winter turns to spring, I'll see if I can get her laying, then we will know for sure!

I'll be interested to see her feather colour by the time she moults again. She was a dull beige with every head and neck feather broken off and she looked horrible as a result of a white bread diet. I know they fade over the year, but she looked vastly different! It will be interesting to see how much it was genetics and how much was due to poor husbandry.

Thank you to all who replied, and I will update if she does indeed start laying!

OK, folks, we have our final answer on male or female. 2 beautiful large ducky eggs discovered this morning (i probably missed egg 1 yesterday).
I changed her pellets a week ago and it's midwinter here, so it seems she approves.
Lovely hard shells, too. I am most pleased, as will be my chef friends!

Attachments

• 20230716_122558.jpg
    20230716_122558.jpg
    774.2 KB · Views: 1
OK, folks, we have our final answer on male or female. 2 beautiful large ducky eggs discovered this morning (i probably missed egg 1 yesterday).
I changed her pellets a week ago and it's midwinter here, so it seems she approves.
Lovely hard shells, too. I am most pleased, as will be my chef friends!
Glad to hear it!

Back
Top Bottom