I can not straiten the leg enough to put a boot on it I have these that i have used successfully in the past but this little guys leg seems to have a full curve to it not really 100% sure it is a tendon slip. Vet can not see it till Monday. Its moving around just fine and still a happy healthy lil bugger just has this leg thing going on View attachment 3812287
Where did you get this?

Well I broke my phone so didn't get a opertunity till now to update, but the vet said it's 100% a deformity and that we can either cull him or keep him and see if he adapts. Right now I bandage his little leg so it doesn't get sores but he is just as spunky as the rest if them. Even runs around with the others. So we will keep him And just make sure he's not suffering. Won't be putting him in the mating pool but will make him happy and keep him healthy for as long as possible.

Well I broke my phone so didn't get a opertunity till now to update, but the vet said it's 100% a deformity and that we can either cull him or keep him and see if he adapts. Right now I bandage his little leg so it doesn't get sores but he is just as spunky as the rest if them. Even runs around with the others. So we will keep him And just make sure he's not suffering. Won't be putting him in the mating pool but will make him happy and keep him healthy for as long as possible.
Sure sounds like the little is not about to give up and so glad to hear you aren't either. Please let us know how he does as he grows up.

Sure sounds like the little is not about to give up and so glad to hear you aren't either. Please let us know how he does as he grows up.
I sure will he's one of the sweetest little ducks I own, he is super cute he's a blue Swedish duck. But I have two peakin from the same hatchery that are in rough shape from tractor supply too. But didn't want to leave them at the store so he might have a mini flock of his own if I can't get them back to 100.

Such a wonderful decision. I was so happy to hear this. I honestly think he will adapt to his deformity and do just fine. Good luck with him and thanks so much for your decision.

I sure will he's one of the sweetest little ducks I own, he is super cute he's a blue Swedish duck. But I have two peakin from the same hatchery that are in rough shape from tractor supply too. But didn't want to leave them at the store so he might have a mini flock of his own if I can't get them back to 100.
You have a big heart, I hope you can get them back 100% please keep us updated.

Back
Top Bottom