Isa Brown or Golden Comet

Chickenchitter

Songster
5 Years
Mar 29, 2018
These are supposed to be an Isa Brown and a golden Comet. I cant tell or are they the same breed? Thanks for your help!
0657154B-807F-4631-B415-474155421B3F.jpeg
9F89F184-7035-49EF-BF9E-0529DBDD1FB2.jpeg

But…they’re still both Red Sexlinks. So..🤷‍♀️
They said they're supposed to be Isa Brown and a Golden Comet. They seemed to be questioning that, or if they're the same thing. They're not. They're in the Red Sex Link family, but after talking with an expert, I learned that they're not the same. One has a Rhode Island Red parent, and the other has a New Hampshire Red parent. I can't remember what bird has what parent, but after raising the Golden Comets for years, and a few of those years with Isa Browns, I discovered the some (2/6) of the Isa Browns was darker and all the Golden Comets was lighter. So I'm assuming the Isa Browns has the RIR parent and the Golden Comet has the NHR, but I'm not sure. I've also seen the tail different in most cases. The Golden Comet has a more upright tail, and the Isa Brown has a more slanted/laid down tail. This is just my experience with the two breeds with dealing with them for several years. :)

Actually , just the opposite MAY be true. Generally Golden Comets are a darker red and white than ISA browns.
Not in my experience. I have seen darker Isa Browns and lighter Golden Comets. Also, look at the tails. The first one has a more slanted/laid down tail like an Isa Brown and the second one has a more upright tail. :)

These are supposed to be an Isa Brown and a golden Comet. I cant tell or are they the same breed?
ISA Brown and Golden Comet are either two names for the same kind of chicken, or two names for very similar kinds of chicken. (You can see other people arguing it back and forth.)

Both are produced by crossing a red rooster with a white hen, to produce color-sexable chicks. Both have hens with lots of red or gold, and some white in the tail and in various other places. For each kind, one hen might have more white than another, and one hen might have a different shade of red/gold than another. Both kinds are good layers of brown eggs.

Both can be described as "red sexlnks," because the hens have a lot of red, and they are sexlinks (hybrids that are color-sexable from the time they hatch.)

Not in my experience. I have seen darker Isa Browns and lighter Golden Comets. Also, look at the tails. The first one has a more slanted/laid down tail like an Isa Brown and the second one has a more upright tail. :)
You did see the 'MAY', right ? My experience has been the exact opposite of yours, but there is great color variation in the sex link hybrids.

Back
Top Bottom