Large show recommendations

Pullet-Shut Chicken Doors

Official BYC Sponsor
Official BYC Sponsor
Premium Feather Member
Nov 3, 2023
Looking for recommendations. We're wanting to attend a number of shows this coming year with our automatic chicken door. We've done the Mother Earth shows, those have done fairly well. But looking for other large venue shows, at least 500 people (and the further from Texas the bigger/the better). Maybe homesteading shows?

We've done some online searching, but I realized that simply asking the question here (hopefully!) should give us lots more to consider. Let me know what bigger shows are in your area.
Thank you.

County Fair "Home Shows", there are lots of them around the country throughout the year. My county has at least two per year at the fairgrounds and there are lots of different vendors
Yes, I'm aware of local 'home shows'. But most of them tend to either be smaller, or not chicken-specific. Keep in mind, I need to sell about 20 doors to 'break even'. If a local show might have 100 or 200 people, and let's say 3% buy (a guess?), that's 3-6 sales.

I don't know the attendance rates of other fairs, but I've seen ours estimated at 30,000+ attendees and 400 exhibitors. County Fair is at same fairgrounds and has a little more attendance, but with the livestock exhibitions there may be more "chicken people" at that one than the Home/Garden Show

I don't know the attendance rates of other fairs, but I've seen ours estimated at 30,000+ attendees and 400 exhibitors. County Fair is at same fairgrounds and has a little more attendance, but with the livestock exhibitions there may be more "chicken people" at that one than the Home/Garden Show
Wow. 30k people? Very interesting... how about a link? Searching for county fair home show gives me 10 trillion results. Not sure which 'brand' home show you are referring to? (and thank you in advance!)

But looking for other large venue shows, at least 500 people (and the further from Texas
I think Wisconsin would be the furthest. ☺️

There is a poultry swap that I'm attaching the schedule of for 2024. It has a contact number on it, Michelle or Paul. It's about 1500 peeps between vendors and visitors, and these are all poultry/small animals people. It's only for a few hours and they bring a lot of people from out of state too. This is their Facebook group. Here's a list of most of the swaps in WI. This group is on there as "PK Small Animal Swap & Flea Market"

Also, we have a giant flea market in town (Shawano) every weekend in the summer. That I know draws thousands every day. If you wind up coming up here in the spring, let me know. Maybe you can twist my hubby's arm.

Attachments

• WI poultry swap 2024.jpg
    WI poultry swap 2024.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I think Wisconsin would be the furthest. ☺️

There is a poultry swap that I'm attaching the schedule of for 2024. It has a contact number on it, Michelle or Paul. It's about 1500 peeps between vendors and visitors, and these are all poultry/small animals people. It's only for a few hours and they bring a lot of people from out of state too. This is their Facebook group. Here's a list of most of the swaps in WI. This group is on there as "PK Small Animal Swap & Flea Market"

Also, we have a giant flea market in town (Shawano) every weekend in the summer. That I know draws thousands every day. If you wind up coming up here in the spring, let me know. Maybe you can twist my hubby's arm.
Thank you Debbie. We'll look into it.

The Northeastern Poultry Congress is the biggest show on the northeast side of the USA that I'm familiar with. It's fairly large and has had some high profile attendees and judges, but it's held in January every year so it would be a suggestion for 2025. Not sure how many people attend but there are usually about 2,000 birds. I'm assuming you don't want international suggestions? Best of luck and hopefully I'm not too late to suggest this.

The largest poultry show in USA: the Ohio National. Held in Columbus Ohio in Nov each year. They have a website (Ohio National.org) and a fb page. Check them out

Back
Top Bottom