Looking for hens

Vermontchicken

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 3, 2007
Hey all i want to say sorry if this post isnt supposed to be here but im looking for hens around laying age in the bennington vermont area either free or to buy i am willing to travel some but not a large distance if you can help me out reply here or email me @ [email protected] thanks everyone!

I am close by (about 25 minutes), I don't have any currently available but I have some friends that I will ask. I have two banty hens that are laying but I have not decided to sell them yet. One is a blue cochin and the other is a blue mille fleur cochin cross. What do you have for birds?

If you want to buy some birds a good place to go is the auction in Schuylerville NY I think its called Town and Country Auctions, they have all sorts of critters every Saturday. I have never bought any but thats where I take my roos and extra hens. I know auctions are not the best place usually but most of the bids there come from back yarders like us, just use your judgement and inspect the birds. You can see them before you buy too. I have seen all sorts of breeds there.

By the way Vermontchicken.... what do you have for birds? Since we are so close maybe we could trade sometime, Here's what I have at the moment
smile.png

2 SL wyandotte hens
1 Americauna hen
1 Cochin bantam rooster
1 Mille fleur hen
1 Cochin/japanese bantam cross
1 blue bantam cochin
1 blue cochon bantam/mille fleur cross

I have been looking for some local birds but if I can't find any Iwill also be ordering some blue laced red wyandottes and some silkies in May, I only want a few chicks so if you ever want to split a hatchery order let me know!

Back
Top Bottom