Missing chickens!!!

There's a reason these birds and animals are protected. Sorry, but it's a huge pet peeve with me to hear people casually talk about killing them, or any predator, especially people who have the attitude that the predators are doing it as some sort of personal vendetta. They are beautiful and here for a reason. People are already ruining the Earth; (look at the posts about bees)... and everyone knows about global warming, of course. There's lots of things you can do to deter predators (like use bird bombs or flares to scare away predatory birds); actually it's kind of fun trying to figure out ways to defeat them. We love our chickens too but know that we can expect to lose some to whatever if we're going to continue with this hobby.

Newly hatched chicks should be on paper towels until they are used to walking around. Older chicks, a few days older can be on the pine shavings as long as they don't try and eat them, which causes more problems.
Glad you only scared Mr. Owl...I have my own Raccoon Shovel, just in case, but I haven't had to use it yet...knock on wood.

Back
Top Bottom