MONSTER EGG!!! 🥚🥚🥚

Nov 6, 2022
So I go to the coup like I do every day, and when I look inside to get the daily eggs, I find the linebacker of eggs!!! I mean seriously people, this thing is just huge compared to the normal eggs. Now foe context, the smaller egg in the picture is the standard for my girls. They are very, and I mean VERY consistent with their egg production. They're never different sizes, not this noticeable at least, same color, thickness, everything! I know that when I go to the box to collect, I'm getting 2 practically identical eggs. So this was a huge surprise!! Does this happen to a lot of you? Or am i looking at like a 1 and done kinda fluke egg??Omg...One of My poor babies had to pass that!! Chicken with a sore butt!! Lol 😆 extra treats tonight for dinner to make up for the hard work my girls do!

#Hardworking Chickens

Attachments

• 20230216_163618.jpg
    20230216_163618.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 12
Lol! It's usually a one time or every so often ordeal :) it's pretty common with newer layers as well. Yours definitely deserves a treat for that monster! ;)

That's definitely a giant egg! I find those ones often end up having double yolks. It happens more often with some hens.

I have one who lays them reasonably consistently when she is laying. I feel bad for her because her eggs are probably the largest compared to body size out of my entire flock! She is very small.

When an egg starts its journey, it goes pointy end first. When it's laid, it comes out round end first. So at some point,

It's sideways. :eek: OUCH!!!

Yes, those large eggs do happen. I had a Sapphire Gem who laid monster eggs.

Back
Top Bottom