Need help identifying breed!!

Serama808

Hatching
May 19, 2024
Need help identifying what breed is this Rooster?

Attachments

• 2E785337-D1B1-401E-B92A-6519876E249F.jpeg
    2E785337-D1B1-401E-B92A-6519876E249F.jpeg
    975.8 KB · Views: 26
I have one I need help with as well. I had completed over and everyone is saying it's 2 different types. Can anyone please help with what breed it is? The woman who gave me him and 9 of his other chicks said they where all bannies if that's how you spell it. They are all turning out to be different birds.

Attachments

• 20240316_115733.jpg
    20240316_115733.jpg
    1,021.3 KB · Views: 5
I have one I need help with as well. I had completed over and everyone is saying it's 2 different types. Can anyone please help with what breed it is? The woman who gave me him and 9 of his other chicks said they where all bannies if that's how you spell it. They are all turning out to be different birds.
Looks like he might be a mixed breed, I suspect D'Uccle might be included in there however I am not certain he looks purebred, do you have more photos of him? Hes for sure a bantam/banty of some sort!

The woman who gave me him and 9 of his other chicks said they where all bannies if that's how you spell it. They are all turning out to be different birds.
Bantams are small chickens. "Banties" is another word for bantams, and "bannies" would probably be another form.

But bantams (small chickens) come in many different breeds, and the various breeds can also be crossed with each other to get many kinds of mixes.

So the woman didn't really tell you much-- just that they will all be small.

Unfortunately I do not know what specific bantam breed or mix you might have, and I don't know about the one in the first post of the thread either.

Bantams are small chickens. "Banties" is another word for bantams, and "bannies" would probably be another form.

But bantams (small chickens) come in many different breeds, and the various breeds can also be crossed with each other to get many kinds of mixes.

So the woman didn't really tell you much-- just that they will all be small.

Unfortunately I do not know what specific bantam breed or mix you might have, and I don't know about the one in the first post of the thread either.
D'Uccle is what he is mixed with, she lost track of who was breeding with who and just said as you both said they are going to be small. Some actually where big and very colorful. One was pure white as well. Out of the 10 I have 6 left and have 5 new hens to introduce to then in a couple of weeks. Right now I have them next each other so they can get used to each other.

Back
Top Bottom