Need your advice - What do I have?

Quote:
Hen feathers are rounder whereas rooster feathers are pointed at the end. Look at this picture- Perfect example. See how he has pointy feathers on his back and neck and she doesn't?

Lovebirds.jpg

It is approx 4 months old this week. We bought 11 chickens at once from the feed store. The clerk said that he did not know the sexes of any of them. There were 3 chicks that were 2 weeks old and the other 8 were 3 1/2 weeks old. He did say that they would all be brown layers...here are some of the others from that feed store:

100_1689.jpg

#2 Is this one a Jersey Giant or an Australorp? Hen or Roo?
100_1686.jpg

#3 This one is mean - we call it Indian Joe - I think it is a rooster, but don't know the breed either
100_1675.jpg

#4 & 5 I think these are Jersey Giants, but the one on the left has light feet. Both Roos?
100_1651-2.jpg

#6 White Roo - don't know breed - is that a Rose comb?
100_1648.jpg

#6 again just a side view
100_1698.jpg

#7 Pullet I think, this is one of the 3 younger chicks
[/img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z76/patchofheaven/100_1695.jpg[/img]
#8 Last but not least, baby rooster - don't know breed, but he sure a cocky little one. For being the smallest of the bunch, he is pretty high in the pecking order.

hey dana, harry does look like a girl and probably an ameraucana/EE....but all the other ones you have, oegb is right, looks like boys with their feathering and combs...and none of them ameraucana. so sorry.

i have a friend who'd probably buy them off of you but he'll only give you $2 per roo and you'd probably have to meet him halfway.

my feedstore here sometimes lets me sell my birds on commission. you might want to check with your feedstore. and like i said in my email, i'd also try craigslist. that little guy, the last one, he's a cutey. he would be easy to sell with his coloring for about $5.

sorry i couldn't help.

Back
Top Bottom