Nene (Hawaiian) goose eggs

Mar 2, 2019
Hi everyone! Over the years as I diversify my poultry flocks I’ve become interested in raising some exotic breeds, and in particular the Nene (Hawaiian) goose. As anyone who has ever looked into this can probably attest to, it’s incredibly difficult to get this type of goose, either as a gosling or hatching eggs.

Is there anyone out there who has some experience with this that can point me in the right direction? What I’d be most interested in getting would be hatching eggs but a pair of geese would be swell as well. Does anyone know of a breeder out there or a list to get on? I have ample facilities for housing and ranging to care for the geese, but the trick is actually finding them.

Anyone with experience with this out there, please share your wisdom! Thanks!

A few years ago a member here named SilksterTN got a pair of Nene geese after being on a waiting list for 2 years. Besides finding that old post here my google search also had a hatchery that does have Nene geese for sale sometimes. I guess there are hoops to jump through if you plan on breeding and selling the geese as in required permits and marking the biirds.

Back
Top Bottom