New at egg hatching need some advise

theresa101480

Hatching
12 Years
Mar 26, 2007
I have 3 chicken egg's and they feel pretty heavy and i have them on a nice warm blanket with a heater on them but i do no that they are supose to be around 95 degree's and i'm doing good with that.. But what am i doing wrong is there anything i can do to make sure that they hatch?

thank you

theresa 101480 h, m

Try to get the temp up to 100, with a damp paper towel under them, turn the eggs three times a day. I have heard of this working when the hen won't set. It is best to let the hen set on them. You might lose a few eggs before the hen broods, but one will. That is when you will start hatching more chicks. I have & use a little gaint with a turner only when the hens won't set. Good luck.

Agree, the temp should be closer to 100-101. 95 is too cool and they likely will perish in the egg due to improper development. They need constant temp and humidity and an increase in humidity to 70% relative the last 3 days of incubation. In all honesty, most of these types of manual hatches do not do well. Please let us know how it turns out. I always look for success stories. Good luck.

Jody

Back
Top Bottom