Newnan, GA Poultry Show February 16-17

Sleepytime

Songster
5 Years
Oct 26, 2016
GA
The Newnan show is usually the biggest poultry show in GA. There will be lots of birds for sale-usually some on the Friday before, but mainly on Saturday. Lots of vendors, raffles and silent auctions. It's free to get in, but if you're going to show, the deadline is (I believe), February 10th. The show is hosted by Chattahoochee Valley Poultry Association. You can enter online at their website.

The Newnan show is usually the biggest poultry show in GA. There will be lots of birds for sale-usually some on the Friday before, but mainly on Saturday. Lots of vendors, raffles and silent auctions. It's free to get in, but if you're going to show, the deadline is (I believe), February 10th. The show is hosted by Chattahoochee Valley Poultry Association. You can enter online at their website.

I CAN'T WAIT! My favorite show event ever!

I just happened to see this thread and it peaked my curiosity as I have never been to anything poultry related. I don’t have any intentions of purchasing poultry, but I would really love to go and and experience a show and see all the different breeds (in person).

This particular show is less than 2 hours away from me and very doable. I would like to know more regarding rules of the show.
  • When is the best time to go, just to walk the aisles and look at birds?
  • Once judging begins, is all spectating stopped? Or only partially?
  • There are 3 hours before judging begins once the showroom opens, but I doubt all the birds would be checked in.
I’m just hoping for a little insight into the “flow” of the exhibition aisles. Thanks a bunch.

I just happened to see this thread and it peaked my curiosity as I have never been to anything poultry related. I don’t have any intentions of purchasing poultry, but I would really love to go and and experience a show and see all the different breeds (in person).

This particular show is less than 2 hours away from me and very doable. I would like to know more regarding rules of the show.
  • When is the best time to go, just to walk the aisles and look at birds?
  • Once judging begins, is all spectating stopped? Or only partially?
  • There are 3 hours before judging begins once the showroom opens, but I doubt all the birds would be checked in.
I’m just hoping for a little insight into the “flow” of the exhibition aisles. Thanks a bunch.
Howdy!
I would recommend Sunday because of the finals and such where they announce the winners. Once the judging starts you may not walk among the isles. All birds being shown will be checked in before the showroom opens. Please come its worth it people come from all over the country your lucky like me to be that close. If you have anymore questions let me know.

Back
Top Bottom