Please help! Why did yellow liquid come out of my duck’s vent while she was laying?

Drowsy_808

Chirping
Aug 29, 2022
C9D511E9-CE13-4603-85A5-2ED069CFB772.jpeg
Is this normal? What could cause this?

A good amount of yellow liquid came out while she was laying. The liquid smelled and looked like pee. There wasn’t anything sticky in it and she’s acting fine though.
Her poop is usually dark brown because of her main feed and it’s often dry. It’s been months since any yellow-ish liquid has come out of her vent. This is the first time yellow, clear liquid has come out of her vent like this, so it’s very worrying. They say it could be a sign of liver disease.

She usually eats manna pro duck feed pellets along with tomatoes and eggs as snacks. She’s a year and few months old. She’s currently sick with an infection, lacks sunlight, and is in need of some additional vitamins so she isn’t at her best right now. We’re bringing her to the vet again in a few days and she’ll be getting the lamp she needs soon. We’re giving her the vitamins she needs right now.

She isn’t very active or energetic, but she’s pretty awake most of the time. She’s playful and enjoys making a mess. She eats well when it’s her favorites, but she can be picky and choose not to eat her main feed. She’s always quick to eat her snacks though. She drinks a lot.

What does she look like? It might be the bloom and maybe any other liquids that came out when she was laying the egg. It can also be vent gleet. Do you notice her feathers being very crusted and dirty? Is there a strong odor around her all of the time? Is this the first time you've noticed it?
Here are some articles to read to get a better idea of what I'm talking about:
1. Cloacitis (vent gleet) in Pet Ducks - DuckDVM
2. Egg Bloom - Better Hens & Gardens - All About Eggs
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** I hope this helps! ***

What does she look like? It might be the bloom and maybe any other liquids that came out when she was laying the egg. It can also be vent gleet. Do you notice her feathers being very crusted and dirty? Is there a strong odor around her all of the time? Is this the first time you've noticed it?
Here are some articles to read to get a better idea of what I'm talking about:
1. Cloacitis (vent gleet) in Pet Ducks - DuckDVM
2. Egg Bloom - Better Hens & Gardens - All About Eggs
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** I hope this helps! ***
I don’t think she has many symptoms of vent gleet. Thankfully, it doesn’t look like it.
Yes, but I believe her feathers are like this because she doesn’t get enough sunlight and doesn’t bathe too often.
No, there isn’t a particularly strong odor. She does smell a bit, but I think all ducks have a bit of an odor, so I’m assuming that’s normal.
Kind of. She had some white slimey goo in her poo once a few months ago, but other than that, nothing at all similar has happened before.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom