quail questions

CHKNFMR

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 21, 2008
GA
My first attempt at hatching eggs in the bator turned out really well (probably beginner's luck) hatched 23 out of 25. However, I am going to be starting another somewhat larger clutch of eggs within the next week. I need to get a humidity measurer (I can't think of the word for it right now-blonde moment). What is the correct humidity for hatching quail? I didn't use one last time but don't want to risk this hatching turning out bad, as there will be many more eggs. Also how long can I hold the eggs before putting them in the bator? I will have them inside, house has central AC on, stays about 75 degrees inside. How long to keep them (if they don't go in the bator) before I can cook them? DH loves pickled quail eggs.

No you posted in the CORRECT place! You need to get a hygrometer/thermometer. I got one made by FLUKERS...they make reptile supplies. Humidity should be 50%-60% during incubation and 65%-70% during hatch. I would say 1 week long is a good time to hold the eggs until setting. Just keep them in a dark place.
Anymore questions feel free to ask...ever need eggs give me a buzz!
smile.png

Thanks for the info.. I'm goin online now to find one. I have 20 eggs in the small table top bator now.. well 19... got a litttle fuzzy one hopping all around last night.

Back
Top Bottom