Quail Questions...

SterlingAcres

Songster
11 Years
Apr 17, 2008
Poconos, PA
Okay... so I've hatched them before, but I never kept them. I used to give everything away because we lived in town. My questions...

For eating purposes, which variety of quail would work best?
For egg laying purposes, which variety would work best?

And would a small rabbit cage work to house a trio? I have one laying around, so I was just wondering.

Thanks guys
big_smile.png

I can't help you. I just hatched some bobwhites for my DH because he wants to hear the noise they make. They seem way to small to go to all the work to butcher for the tiny bit of meat it seems you would get
lol.png

I have and am raising the cortunix quail are the best in my opinion for the needs you want them for and yes a rabbit hutch for them should be fine. They lay a nice size quail egg and i am also raising them fro meat. This is my first time doing it for meat. i have approximately forty that i am raising for the freezer.

Definitely cortunix quail! I have Georgia giant and coturnix both. My favorite is coturnix they are more tame in my opinion, grow faster, and are good layers. They are Easy to clean for eating too.

Hmm... would anyone happen to have any available in late September? I don't need many. I just want eggs at the moment. How long do they take to lay? I thought I saw 5-6 weeks somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom