Ready Set Hatch! Set 3/17 Hatch 4/7 - ready now! Hatch-Along

I don't mind them being in with the Blue roo. :) I'm not picky cause I like blue. :D haha. That's why I haven't got rid of my Silver and dunn EE roo. He throws the Dunn Gene to 75% of his babies. One of his sons that I kept out of the last batch came out gold with white and dunn (blue) Mottling. He's handsome. Plus the polish I have are Golden Laced and w/c black and they'll all have to be together till I get my hen house built. But my girls are almost clean from the silver/dunn rooster. So you can choose from 3 roosters :) I have a red/blue EE roo, a silver duckwing EE roo and the silver/dunn roo. :D

Ok! I'm sure they will be beautiful in any case! The ones I hatched will be mixed colors and their feathers are coming in a pretty mix !! Just let me know a week or so ahead because the Sebrights are tricky layers. Like they lay every other day, and then take a few days off. Just give me a head start

Newest babies... Only 5 for this hen but I like the color variations. I have 2 more broodies to go and i think i am going to hang up my hatching boots for this season. These little guys are about to wear me out

Cuties :) Mine are about 2 1/2 weeks now and getting all those awkward looking first feathers. missing those fuzzballs already!
Great hatch along we've had - thanks everyone!!!

How are those wheaten marans doing? I think I have 2 boys out of the 5, already at 2 weeks. Their waddles are developing slightly. Keeping an eye on those two. It's interesting how different they all are from each other. There's that really dark one that had the chipmunk stripes that is still feathering in dark and there's another that is hardly feathered at all, no tail feathers yet. And then there's one that is considerably lighter than the rest. Hard to believe they're all the same breed. I hope they turn out to be true to their breed though. The buff brahmas I got from the same hatchery are not, even though I didn't actually order them (replacements for the buckeyes I wanted that weren't laying at the time). All of them have green legs and one even has a straight comb. I asked the guy and he assured me they were purebred but what do I tell people when I go to sell the extras?
hu.gif

Last edited:
Oh my! Green legs? I'm not sure about that :idunno So... emailed them after hatch to find out if there is a way to determine male/female on the bluebells. No response yet. I asked because on their site it says they are working on the sexlink version and females would be blue, but they hope to have it perfected mid-season. My four hatched out 1 blue, 2 black, and 1 black with a white head spot (no barring otherwise yet). I'm pretty sure the head spot one is a male, unsure on the others. Hoping all 3 are female! The two that were suppose to be wheaten marans look right, one is dark with a lot of black including on the legs so I think it's a male. The other is very light so I think I got lucky with one of each. Not sure about my mystery egg. It was marked "Gold" so I thought it was a golden cuckoo maran. I had two "gold" marked eggs. One hatched out black and white cuckoo and one looks somewhat like the wheatens but more solid red like my black tailed buff (which is a girl). I don't know what it is. It's feathering really slowly. From looking online my "gold" chicks don't look like golden cuckoos unless their strain looks much different at hatch. Oh well - they came from nice dark eggs so I can't be unhappy. ;)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom