Robin412 I emailed you, need help

Juliechickens

Songster
12 Years
Apr 7, 2007
Memphis, TN
Robin I emailed you through here, I need your help in helping a hatching chicken. It cracked it's whole egg in a complete circle around the egg this morning and has had it's foot and beak sticking out ever since. It does not sound in distress but it is chirping a lot. I need to know what to do to help it along and I'm too afraid to do it without exactly knowing how to help. I added a few drops of water to the crack a couple of hours ago. Chick still doing fine but no progress.
Meanwhile, the other chick who hatched a few hours ago is still doing great but is huddled up against it's only speaking friend, even giving it's friend's egg an occasional peck to help out. They have been chirping to each other all evening. Please email me or post here and tell me what to do, Thanks so much! Julie
P.S. I saw in one of your post that you have helped many of your chicks along successfully. I'm just too afraid to try anything till I feel more confident in what I'm doing.
Anyone else's advice is very much appreciated too!

HI there im not robin but i will tell you it can take between 24 and 48 hours for them to completely come out i wouldn't do to much to help it can actually be dangerous and fatal to the chick

Thanks for the reply,,,I am not going to do anything,,,it's still the same but another chick just hatched,,,,didn't hardly see that one coming so now there are two. I will leave them in the bator over night and maybe wake up to 3 babies,,,,or more
wink.png

Julie
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom