Sebright Bantams?

The Harvest Moon Chicken

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 9, 2007
Southern California
one of my chickies died durring shipping so i am ordering three or four more. The sebrights are really pretty looking, but i'm not sure of their temperment. Does anybody have any that can tell me? or has anybody heard anything about this breed?

While i'm here, i was also wondering about the d'uccles and americaunas? are they nice also?

thank you!

I've had sebrights and wasn't very fond of them. they were beautiful birds but they were not friendly in the least. if you want a similar looking breed that has a great temperment look for bantam wyandottes.

d'Uccles are a great breed. I only have one left but she is a beautiful old girl who still lays a small tinted egg once in a while. She is very docile and friendly. They get more and more beautiful with age so don't get dissapointed once they feather out, after they moult a few times they'll be spectacular. They are very hardy birds and can handle very cold weather.

Ameraucanas are great birds and lay really well and become friendly. I personally don't find them all that attractive. If you can get pure stock they will be pretty but most that you see are hybridized easter eggers that all look different. Ameraucanas do tame easily and are quite docile but some of the EEs have been crossed with leghorns and the result is a flighty bird that lays a lot of colored eggs.

I have a Millie Fluer d'Uccle and although she doesn't like to be held, she is very friendly. She follows me around the yard and will run up to me when I come out the back door.
She also has the funny habit of sqwacking her heart out in the morning!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom