Setting up an aquaponics greehouse - what did you do?

ChickensRDinos

Songster
7 Years
Aug 19, 2012
Los Angeles
I am in the middle of building an outdoor greenhouse with an aquaponics system. I am planning on using tilapia and a variety of veggies and will farm duckweed, red worms and guppies to feed the fish.

I would love to see your system and hear about anything you thought worked really well or didn't work at all. What are you feeding your fish? What medium are your plants?

I will post some pictures as everything comes together.

i can't wait to see some pics. we have a little green house that i can't wait to get set up. i am a licensed building, electrical and solar contractor. when i went to take the test to get my solar license my mindset was on solar electric and 70% of the questions were on thermal solar. so i had to go study up on thermal solar and in the process i became sold on the idea. i plan on incorporating it into our house and our green house. when it starts coming together i will post some pics. good luck with your project.

In our aquaponics greenhouse we probably have a lot of different problems than you will. Our biggest issue is snow loads on the green house. I am planning on rebuilding the whole thing this spring. As for you being in LA, I am guessing that you will have water issues. As for the operation, keep it simple! I see to many people with all these electric things and complexities. Gravity is your friend!

Here is a link to our system:

http://www.snowypinesridge.com/man-cave/aquaponics/

Above everything, have fun!!!

Back
Top Bottom