Should I still give my ducklings fortified nutritional yeast if I'm giving them Durvet liquid vitamin B complex?

Hello all! I searched the forum first, but couldn't find the info I'm looking for.

I was giving Braggs nutritional yeast (35mg niacin per 2 Tblsp) to my ducklings since I got them at 2 days old. I would sprinkle about a tablespoon over every feed, about 3-4 times per day.

Then my jumbo Pekin, Mae, injured her leg so I bought the liquid Durvet high level vitamin B complex. I administer this ONCE PER DAY by drawing up 2mL/cc and mixing it with about 1 cup of diced salad greens and 1/4 to 1/2 cup peas, which I then cover in filtered water (note: their salad is always given in a bowl of water, probably about 1.5 cups of water).

So up until a few days ago, they were getting Braggs nutritional yeast AND the Durvet high level vitamin B complex.

Then I ran out of Braggs. My question for y'all experienced duckling raisers is...do I need to get more Braggs to give along with the liquid vitamin B complex? Or is the liquid vitamin B complex sufficient to prevent niacin deficiency, even for my Pekin?

I should also mention that they eat Nature's Best Organic Duck Crumbles (18% protein with an added niacin supplement, though I don't know how much niacin is in it because it's not listed on their website). I do plan to switch to a different organic feed when they run out of the Nature's Best because my local TSC doesn't sell the big bag and this stuff is expensive.

Would love to hear y'all's thoughts on this! Thank you. 🥰 🥰
Vitamin B is water soluable if they have a little too much they will just pee it out lol.

Back
Top Bottom