Sick Chicks w/ Droopy wings

Yes they have all displayed the same behaviour however it is very important to note that the behaviour started with only one chick then spread to the rest the next day.

I havent unplugged the lamp entirely however I raised it almost to the ceiling and had the window wide open the other day... They where all laying bunched up together and they still had droopy wings. I understand that overheating chicks is a very common begginer mistake but I can clearly see with all of the experimentation that I've done and how much I've been observing their behaviour that the issue is not heat.

Also I would like to point out that I have both a digital and mercury thermometer inside their brooder and I doubt that both of them are wrong.

Even given this I will entertain the idea again and fully unplug the lamp. I will let you know how it goes, thank you.
Sometimes you've got nothing to lose 👍

Sometimes you've got nothing to lose 👍
Like I expected even when they where cuddled up together a few of them still had droopy wings.

Again I would like to point out the fact that not they have not all be exhibiting the same symptoms at the exact same time.

It doesnt make sense to infer that the issue is heat whenever their wings where drooping much less when on corid then almost immediately began to get worse (on only one of the chicks) once we stopped corrid.

Luckily today they seem to have improved from last night even with no change to the tempurature

Thank you...

Back
Top Bottom