Silkie cross genetics?

PheasantsFirst

Songster
6 Years
Jul 17, 2013
Eastern Washington
I have two silkie d'uccle cross chicks and I heard there may be an easy way to sex them based on skin color and skin color of mother and father. Is this true, and if so what are the relationships?
For my peticular case, the father is a white silkie, and the mother was a poceilan d'uccle. I could post some pics if needed.
Thanks in advance!

I have two silkie d'uccle cross chicks and I heard there may be an easy way to sex them based on skin color and skin color of mother and father. Is this true, and if so what are the relationships?
For my peticular case, the father is a white silkie, and the mother was a poceilan d'uccle. I could post some pics if needed.
Thanks in advance!

this is only True if the Duccle female had white shanks, as that would indicate that they are sex linked Id/- dominant sex linked dermal inhibitor, if this was the case then the males would have hatch with white skin color and females with black skin color.. due to Fibromelanotic working with id+(slate shank color) to turn the chicks skin,shank and organs all black, BUT the males would have been Id/id+ Fm, on males Id will prevent the skin from turning black, therefore the chicks would have been sexlinked and easy to see at hatch..

BUT Mille Fleur as well as Procelain have Slate/blue shanks, this means they are id+ making such cross have black skin color on both sexes...

Mile Fleur Duccle

or49le.jpg

2lke55f.jpg

The D'uccle standard in Belgium requires grey legs and feet but the uk requires white/ pink. The ground stock from Belgium have grey resulting in virtually no standard white D'uccles in uk

There may be a couple floating around but without working on the subject the situation will not get any better, is why I asked.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom