Snake in coop

Pics
You have a snake living with your chickens? I read that right? Sounds like a natural pest deterrent. If you are old school farmer, sounds like you know what you are doing! I always say sometimes the old ways are the best ways. Just depends.
Copperheads are in league of their own.
Yes u read that right lol... it's about 5 ft long atmthe chickens and him live in harmony and get along great he's been in there about 3 years now....my uncle c9leman who if he was alive this year would be 113yo he swore by a black snake in the coop...and it is a natural pest control..before putting my uncle Coleman ways to use on my farm i had rats and mice and weasels bad b7t now I don't have any issues with any pests....and the snake is gentle I go in and he's normally up on the top corners or on roosters or somewhere on the floor I pick him up 9n a weekly basis to make sure he's still in good shape and not getting skinny bc when he gets skinny I go set some live mice traps in the barn and bring him the mice to eat...even my kids mess with him and he's never done anything sketchy toward them

Hi-well I think it’s a rat snake. I usually come across copperheads. I made a mistake. It was a big snake and I was in adrenaline mode removing it from the coop. Had so many things going on in my head at the time. The pattern threw me off a little and I have been corrected a couple of times on the Id. I get them confused. I apologize.
I once killed a young rat snake thinking it was a Copperhead. I regret that act. I found out later that rat snakes EAT Copperheads!

My yard is a good habitat for snakes and I see different types frequently. The Black racers eat the frogs in my ponds, but the only snake I will kill now is a Copperhead.

Yes u read that right lol... it's about 5 ft long atmthe chickens and him live in harmony and get along great he's been in there about 3 years now....my uncle c9leman who if he was alive this year would be 113yo he swore by a black snake in the coop...and it is a natural pest control..before putting my uncle Coleman ways to use on my farm i had rats and mice and weasels bad b7t now I don't have any issues with any pests....and the snake is gentle I go in and he's normally up on the top corners or on roosters or somewhere on the floor I pick him up 9n a weekly basis to make sure he's still in good shape and not getting skinny bc when he gets skinny I go set some live mice traps in the barn and bring him the mice to eat...even my kids mess with him and he's never done anything sketchy toward them
Wow that’s amazing.

Back
Top Bottom