Soaked feed vs dry feed?

Dry. I have limited time in a day and I'm not a fan of how messy the birds get, especially when I want them in show condition.

I put out dry feed for my chickens. Their afternoon snack is their regular feed, wetted into a mash.

So, both.
Both, but I'm the exact opposite. They get their fermented or wet feed in the morning, outside (as that's where they prefer to be, so they'll eat that first) and the dry feed is in the coop during daylight hours for them to nibble on afterwards.

We feed a wet mash in the morning and , usually ,dry in the afternoon. Though we will wet down any dry left in the trough and the ladies clean it up.
300071D2-0C8C-4739-BB5F-06983E2730F6.jpeg

Dry food all day long. Mash is usually served when I go check on them during my lunch break.
Same, I keep a large main flock and a smaller breeding flock and mash is easier to serve to the smaller one compared to the larger flock. However I tend to feed them a high quality pellet brand and save any mash for the weekends

I serve a wet mash, controls waste (my feed is a crumble from the local mill). That said, I'm in a very forgiving climate. Not well suited for winter time outside feedings in the northern half of this country.
The "chickie snack" mash I give my birds is made from the fines that fall to the bottom of the bowl/bag. It's a great way to use this stuff up, as they won't eat it out of the bowl. But they will snarf it up as their afternoon snack. Silly birds.

Back
Top Bottom