Somebody gave me their 10 yr old Mallard gray duck…I’m clueless how to handle this situation

Keep us updated. You could even put up a mirror in his coop so he can look at himself and have some company till you get him a friend.
Update on Mr. Willie! We’ve built him a new wading pool that’s inclined on a hill n his pen so he can get in and out easily cuz he was having struggles with the ramp, Falling off, falling over on it etc, so we made it super easy and he LOVES IT!! He can sit in a couple inches of water and eat snacks and nap or he can just float and hang out!! And His new friends will be here Tuesday too!! Y’all…my heart❤️❤️ hes already gotten out and walked around his pen and then went and got right back in the new wading pool! It’s so much easier on him with him having such bad legs❤️ I’m smitten with this old boy! And am so glad he loves his new pool! Oh and it’s got about 30 minnows in it right now too so he’s over the moon 😂❤️🥰

Update on Mr. Willie! We’ve built him a new wading pool that’s inclined on a hill n his pen so he can get in and out easily cuz he was having struggles with the ramp, Falling off, falling over on it etc, so we made it super easy and he LOVES IT!! He can sit in a couple inches of water and eat snacks and nap or he can just float and hang out!! And His new friends will be here Tuesday too!! Y’all…my heart❤️❤️ hes already gotten out and walked around his pen and then went and got right back in the new wading pool! It’s so much easier on him with him having such bad legs❤️ I’m smitten with this old boy! And am so glad he loves his new pool! Oh and it’s got about 30 minnows in it right now too so he’s over the moon 😂❤️🥰

Who will be his new friends? That's great he is doing so well, I can tell your smitten. ❤️

New update on Mr.Willie!! My sweet senior duck i adopted who’s 13 years old and had never been in water until I got him💔😢!!
❤️❤️❤️❤️ He’s a happy handsome ladies man now with 2 new companions so far and more to come soon!! I leave his duck pen gate open n the mornin and he’s started coming out into the big yard to graze and forage with all the chickens and turkeys too! He’s officially starting to finally settle in and be comfy around all the chickens and us too!! I’m so glad! I think He got kinda sad after about a week or so cuz he just started isolating himself so My heart is so full and happy seeing him be such a happy guy at his new home ❤️ and the ladies definitely helped❤️

Attachments

• 06CB72FC-BA52-4874-B065-737399A0609C.jpeg
    06CB72FC-BA52-4874-B065-737399A0609C.jpeg
    585.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 5FC84ADB-BA4A-47DD-99D6-B0CA523ABEE6.jpeg
    5FC84ADB-BA4A-47DD-99D6-B0CA523ABEE6.jpeg
    853.6 KB · Views: 8
What a sweet pics. It’s always so nice to see them settling in to their new surroundings. And I have an idea it’s not just the new ladies and chickens and turkeys but you. Having someone who cares and treats them with love makes a big difference too. And having some ladies to hang out with I’m sure has made him happy. ♥️

New update on Mr.Willie!! My sweet senior duck i adopted who’s 13 years old and had never been in water until I got him💔😢!!
❤️❤️❤️❤️ He’s a happy handsome ladies man now with 2 new companions so far and more to come soon!! I leave his duck pen gate open n the mornin and he’s started coming out into the big yard to graze and forage with all the chickens and turkeys too! He’s officially starting to finally settle in and be comfy around all the chickens and us too!! I’m so glad! I think He got kinda sad after about a week or so cuz he just started isolating himself so My heart is so full and happy seeing him be such a happy guy at his new home ❤️ and the ladies definitely helped❤️
I think you said that was a gray mallard-gray mallards are drakes- but that looks like a Swedish. Mallards are much smaller, and you girls are Pekín? And welsh harlequin? and he is about the smae size. Here is a photo of a Swedish then a photo of a mallard drake. The old owners don’t sound very attentive so they probably just got a random duckling without knowing what it was. So happy you took him🥰

Attachments

• B646F812-EB31-461A-BFE9-9A223DB39C4A.jpeg
    B646F812-EB31-461A-BFE9-9A223DB39C4A.jpeg
    281.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 18A40904-6DB1-4FDA-B25F-6ACAF59A2A8C.jpeg
    18A40904-6DB1-4FDA-B25F-6ACAF59A2A8C.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom