Soy/ corn free maintenance feed recommendations?

& chicken chicken chicks
Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

I also feed all of mine the same feed.

OP, where are you located? Texas Naturals has soy, corn, and GMO-free feed. I used to feed it when I had a small flock but ended up switching to something else when I had so many birds I was blowing through a ton of feed.

I also feed all of mine the same feed.

OP, where are you located? Texas Naturals has soy, corn, and GMO-free feed. I used to feed it when I had a small flock but ended up switching to something else when I had so many birds I was blowing through a ton of feed.
We are (unfortunately) stuck in Oregon for a while longer. My mom has dementia and wanted to be in a facility, vs living w us, and we have two kids at UofO. All of them are within an hour or two from where we live in rural Yamhill County.
It’s on the wrong side of the Cascade Mountains, but. We have a few acres and good neighbors.

To reply to the other posts, the feed I’ve been using is 16% protein. I will attach a pic of the label. I cut it w chopped oats for the ducks to reduce the protein content now that they are about a year old, and always grind up some vit b/ niacin (*edit, sorry 😐) tablets (by weight of whatever group I’m feeding, turkeys or ducks) and mix into the crumbles to bring the totals up to what is recommended after what is in the feed.
I’ve only had issues w bumble foot when I cut back/ ran out of the tablets because the feed store was out of stock.
The duck coop is cleaned daily, fresh water is always provided, as is a pool that is cleaned out every other day. I currently use oats hay for duck bedding. They have paving stones as a “footing” in their coop, and under their covered patio. Pea gravel in their run, and they take turns w the turkeys for free range time on the property.
The Turkey coop has an elevated wood deck, pine shavings for bedding, and is cleaned every other day. Their yard is larger, so, on their “in” days, they have more room to roam.
We have several acres of grass, and a seasonal creek, so everyone gets as much bug hunting /grazing time as possible.
Thank you to everyone who is trying to help me find a solution!!

Attachments

• A1CFBD0C-C0B8-446F-A39B-5C3B3F11F925.jpeg
    A1CFBD0C-C0B8-446F-A39B-5C3B3F11F925.jpeg
    613.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom