Spring Creek Heritage Farm in Bellingham, WA

My Three Chicks

Crowing
May 3, 2021
Seattle, WA
Hi. Has anyone had experience with getting birds from Spring Creek Heritage Farm in Bellingham, WA?

I just ordered one of their Rainbow Color Layer packs of 3 chicks. I'll pick up late Mar. They have a nice selection of breeds but they pick them out for you...instead of you choosing. So it'll be a little surprise!

I attempted to order and they were very nice people, dealing with the time difference from where I live etc and the way the accept payment for orders (pay pal) was just a challenge for me, it was a lot of back and forth I ended up backing out. Also they say 3-8 weeks for shipping then they also say April May or June depending. Like I said place was friendly enough just more of a headache for me than I wanted to deal with

I know this is a bit after the fact, but I ordered from them just this month, Nov 2023. I ordered three point of lay hens. I only asked for one specific kind, a Sussex, and I got that and two other surprises. I was very impressed with their communication with me as well as their point of contact, Matt, during delivery in Seattle. I've only had my girls for about three days but they are lively and friendly. Paypal is a bit of a challenge for people not used to it, but the reputation of the breeder, and the way they treat their animals made it worth it.

I know this is a bit after the fact, but I ordered from them just this month, Nov 2023. I ordered three point of lay hens. I only asked for one specific kind, a Sussex, and I got that and two other surprises. I was very impressed with their communication with me as well as their point of contact, Matt, during delivery in Seattle. I've only had my girls for about three days but they are lively and friendly. Paypal is a bit of a challenge for people not used to it, but the reputation of the breeder, and the way they treat their animals made it worth it.
Oh wow great to hear! I ended up cancelling my order in the spring because they were so backed up with colored layers. But they gave me a credit towards a future purchase.

I didn't know they had POL hens available. Was there a long wait or are they currently available now? What other breeds did you get? ...maybe I need some (more)! How old are they?

Oh wow great to hear! I ended up cancelling my order in the spring because they were so backed up with colored layers. But they gave me a credit towards a future purchase.

I didn't know they had POL hens available. Was there a long wait or are they currently available now? What other breeds did you get? ...maybe I need some (more)! How old are they?
Last I checked, they have 12+ week and 16+ week pullets. My guess is the leftovers from the hatches this summer. The only wait time was their scheduling for the delivery to Seattle/Tacoma; they only come down about once each month. I emailed them directly in mid-October about some POL hens (I love chicks but can't risk a surprise rooster). They got back to me right away with a list of available breeds. I was not in a rush so I decided to wait until they came south. Once the date was announced for Seattle, I placed my order.

The POL group is 16+ weeks. I don't know their exact ages. I got the Sussex I requested in addition to a Legbar cross, and an Ameraucana. As they told me, they do their best to get birds that are brooded together. For me, I wanted healthy hens who were friendly towards each other. Other than that I was fine with the surprise.

Last I checked, they have 12+ week and 16+ week pullets. My guess is the leftovers from the hatches this summer. The only wait time was their scheduling for the delivery to Seattle/Tacoma; they only come down about once each month. I emailed them directly in mid-October about some POL hens (I love chicks but can't risk a surprise rooster). They got back to me right away with a list of available breeds. I was not in a rush so I decided to wait until they came south. Once the date was announced for Seattle, I placed my order.

The POL group is 16+ weeks. I don't know their exact ages. I got the Sussex I requested in addition to a Legbar cross, and an Ameraucana. As they told me, they do their best to get birds that are brooded together. For me, I wanted healthy hens who were friendly towards each other. Other than that I was fine with the surprise.
I didn't even know they had Legbar crosses and Ameraucanas! Those aren't listed on their website as breeds they have. Can you send photos of them? (I have an Ameraucana and love her they are so cute. And she lays a ton of smallish greenish blueish eggs...she'll lay 15 days in a row before taking 1 day off. Poor girl!).

I didn't even know they had Legbar crosses and Ameraucanas! Those aren't listed on their website as breeds they have. Can you send photos of them? (I have an Ameraucana and love her they are so cute. And she lays a ton of smallish greenish blueish eggs...she'll lay 15 days in a row before taking 1 day off. Poor girl!).

Attachments

• 20231113_171157.jpg
    20231113_171157.jpg
    687 KB · Views: 12

Back
Top Bottom