Starting all over again

that_crazy_lady

Crowing
13 Years
Nov 13, 2008
Salina, OK
Hello everyone. I'm Jocelyn, or Jp. I'm what one mite call a jack of all trades. but to the birds frist. It was 6 years ago when we first got birds, I say birds cuz it was chicks ducklings and keets. what I mess, the coops and runs where way to small, no one had a clue what we where doing. so I got on line and found out the basices. but after a few years on one wanted the brids, we had something like 40 chickens on the lose.

I wanted Black Australorps, Cochin bantys, Seabrites, and some Old English. well I gave all but just a few away after my favorit rooster died. that was two years ago I think. something killed the few hens I kept, with in weeks of giveing the others away. so now I have one rooster, his is a big fighting cock, Barred Rock, Australorp cross. so he has shiny green strips over a silver and gold back ground. and a few Gunieas.

I was somewhere around 14 when this all started, I still live at home, but I'm getting things together, getting things ready to have a small flock. I'll get 6 or 7 pullets at feed store in the spring. maybe a few cochin bantys too. there will be no free rangeing, and I get to call the shots this time around. I wanted to refresh my memory, see whats new, and if I have forgotten anything.

now, me I rode bulls {I'm a gal} now I train horses a little, at one point I had draiy goats someday I will again. I'm a crafter by heart, I knit, sew, I make jewlery, dream catchurs, pelt purses, I draw {mostly horses} , I thought i was going to be at a boot and saddle makeing school by now, but the way things have turned out, I'll be headed that away after the summer. a lady that I will be going with has been befor, and she is going te teach me all she can befor we start school. I look the part of a cowgirl, but I could be better at ropeing and some other stuff. I've got four brothers all younger, so I'll jump right in with the guys.

in a nut shell I like horses, and working with livestock, and makeing things with my hands.

{I'll try and keep things shorter next time}

Jp

Welcome to BYC! We love anybody who loves animals... especially chickens!
big_smile.png

Oh I do LOVE animals, I take pride in all of them. while horses are my first love, chickens have their own little place in my heart.

it's nice to feel welcome!

Back
Top Bottom