Stolen rooster!

Featherss

Chirping
Sep 11, 2021
Note: we have him back now!

I was showing at a fair, and when I went to pick up my chickens, my roosters cage was empty & latched. I checked the champion row, because he won best OE and hadn't been moved the day of the show, but since it happens often I didn't bring attention to it. He wasn't there, so I started to panic. I found the barn superintendent, and we looked around outside. They said the doors were locked at night, so hes most likely not far. We didn't find him. Long story short, a couple weeks later someone messaged me a photo of his neighbors bantam rooster that had wandered into his yard, because it looked exactly like mine. I agreed; every feature matched. It even had the palorium legband on. He said that he would be at work in the morning, but we could use his yard to look into his neighbors. To be safe, i went to the state troopers, filed a report, and an officer went to the house to see if it was mine (I had the palorium id #). It was mine, so I came there to pick him up and now he's home safe with his hen :3

612673b971dc2-large.jpg

This is the only photo I have of him rn, but I posted this on Facebook. It got over two thousand views, and a few kind people raised the reward to $500.

Just thought I would share this- I never thought something like this would happen. Luckily, its extremely uncommon

Note: we have him back now!

I was showing at a fair, and when I went to pick up my chickens, my roosters cage was empty & latched. I checked the champion row, because he won best OE and hadn't been moved the day of the show, but since it happens often I didn't bring attention to it. He wasn't there, so I started to panic. I found the barn superintendent, and we looked around outside. They said the doors were locked at night, so hes most likely not far. We didn't find him. Long story short, a couple weeks later someone messaged me a photo of his neighbors bantam rooster that had wandered into his yard, because it looked exactly like mine. I agreed; every feature matched. It even had the palorium legband on. He said that he would be at work in the morning, but we could use his yard to look into his neighbors. To be safe, i went to the state troopers, filed a report, and an officer went to the house to see if it was mine (I had the palorium id #). It was mine, so I came there to pick him up and now he's home safe with his hen :3

View attachment 2830767
This is the only photo I have of him rn, but I posted this on Facebook. It got over two thousand views, and a few kind people raised the reward to $500.

Just thought I would share this- I never thought something like this would happen. Luckily, its extremely uncommon
I am glad that you found him/got him back! That is so surprising that someone would ever do something like that! I am pretty sure that back when, I heard a story about a chicken getting stolen at 4H at night either after or before showing it. He is very handsome BTW! 😍

Back
Top Bottom