Thought I would have to get rid of my animals after last night!!!

Quote:
Yes - I think I will have the injections until they no longer have an effect. i can have one every 3 months. There is then the possibility of a knee wash out - the doc thinks there may be bits of bone that float around and get in the way. The final step is a new knee - that has to wait until i am in my 60s (not a nice prospect but very successful I think!) Thanks for the good wishes.
smile.png

Ice is your friend!

It is truly amazing what regular ice packs can do for an injury!

I bet you'll be getting around just fine and will look back at this post and think 'what was I thinkin'... get rid of my animals indeed!'

Quote:
Yes - I think I will have the injections until they no longer have an effect. i can have one every 3 months. There is then the possibility of a knee wash out - the doc thinks there may be bits of bone that float around and get in the way. The final step is a new knee - that has to wait until i am in my 60s (not a nice prospect but very successful I think!) Thanks for the good wishes.
smile.png

I had arthroscopic surgery on both knees after getting them smashed to bits and pinned. They cleaned out the bone fragments and 24 years later I rarely have any pain. I opted for the surgery after my doctor informed me of the long term effects of steroid injections on the soft tissues.

It sounds like a bunch of us have issues. I have knee problems that leave me seated much of the day - and no one knows the difference! I also have a stress fracture in my L5 vertabrae which leaves me incapacitated once in a blue moon. Physical issues are a PITA!

You don't really don't appreciate things in life that you do on an every day bases until you lose it! Walking, talking, smelling, seeing and hearing. My hat is off to the people that can’t walk, talk or hear, they get back up and find away to keep strong and keep going. they are what make other people strong!
big_smile.png

I wish you a speedy recovery. I'd like to remind you of the people in your life that would love to help you in your time of need. There are so many good people just waiting to be asked how they can help. Call a local kid in high school and pay them a bit. Get creative in your recovery-your animals deserve for you to find a way that they can stay at home. good luck.

Quote:
Thank you and everyone else for your kind wishes. My daughter said to me yesterday - you need to let us help you and all I could do was smile. I know I do but I am so stubborn! My husband tells me i am too like my mother was - I need to let go when I can't do it. However......................I just mucked out the stable on crutches and am now going in to work after hanging out the washing ..........on crutches!!! I hate to give in I suppose. Thank goodness the injection is working - I know there is a question mark over steroids but I have to use them now and enjoy my active life, especially with one child still at home. Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom