Tribute to a hound

Jay who has hip and back issues is on Rymdal routinely, and Baby Jayne gets it the day before and the day she is exercised.
Glad to hear that. The vet put my Pug on Rymdal. It helped him. He had back issues. I just threw that in about the aspirin in the event you weren't using anything because the aspirin is always available and it works well for some dogs. It did for my Basset.

Forgot that I had this thread. Baby Jayne is still going strong, but Uncle Jay was euthanized about two months ago. The Rymadyl was causing health issues, and he was in pain to the point that I had to let him go. Another loss was Fd Ch Sourland Mt WarEagle. He was only 7.5 years old but had an extremely aggressive prostate cancer. He has sired 8 Fd Ch out of 54 pups. I'm guessing there are another 12 or more that will make their championship. Baby Jayne is 11 + and the other 6 range in age from 1 to 4 years old. I doubt that I will be adding any others as any pup I got today might very well outlive me. :lau

I never added Miss Maggie Mae - the dog I didn't want - to the list. Got talked into a golden doodle (mutt) puppy during the pandemic. Never swore at, laughed at, loved any animal as much as her. March of '22 she had her first seizure. Weekend of 10/15-17 she had 6 seizures in a 36 hour period. All this in spite of medications and constant interaction with our vet. It reached the point where it was unfair to her. She was euthanized a couple of days short of her second birthday. Lot of dogs in my 82 years. None touched me as deeply as her.

On a positive, Baby Jayne, is still alive and enjoying life. I've rescued Philly from an unfavorable situation, and she is well on her way to her championship. Still training dogs almost daily - even working with a young male who may earn residence here.

Back
Top Bottom