Upgrade chicken coop help

May 4, 2023
This coop was handed down from my husband's best friend. He had chickens but gave them away and had this sitting in his back yard for a few yrs. It's got wood rot at bottom. It's too low for us and want to raise it up and replace the wood rot at the bottom. See picture. Any ideas as to how we can do this? What options do I have to improve this so it doesn't hurt our backs.

20230522_085507.jpg
20230522_085515.jpg

This coop was handed down from my husband's best friend. He had chickens but gave them away and had this sitting in his back yard for a few yrs. It's got wood rot at bottom. It's too low for us and want to raise it up and replace the wood rot at the bottom. See picture. Any ideas as to how we can do this? What options do I have to improve this so it doesn't hurt our backs.

View attachment 3514561View attachment 3514562
That's actually a nice looking coop. Dig or cut out the rotten wood and replace it with composite wood/plastic it might take some effort but you will never have to replace it again. we built our entire coop out of found lumber. Its 11 years old the gate is just now starting to get wobbly to need some elbow grease.

Back
Top Bottom