WARNING TO THOSE SHIPPING CHICKS TO HAWAII

LadiesAndJane

Life is good...
9 Years
May 16, 2014
Hawaii
Sounds ominous, but wanted to get the attention of those considering having chicks shipped to Hawaii's outer islands from the mainland in today's USPS environment. I received an order from Cackle hatchery last Thursday. I ordered 24 chicks, only 2 for myself, rest for others. The hatchery sent 4 extra chicks (one of each breed), so 28 total. 12 chicks died within 36 hours, despite all my efforts. This is nearly half. Last year I had two larger orders sent, with minimal losses. The difference is, it took the chicks a WHOLE EXTRA day to get here compared to last year. Cackle's customer service is exemplary and I was reimbursed for the losses. It was just a heart breaking experience to lose so many chicks, the extra day on the way, was just too hard on the little creatures. I would advise anyone thinking of having chicks sent right now, consider waiting until the USPS straightens out it's current shipping issues.

I bought chicks from N40 feed store on Friday, the whole batch they had looked terrible, but they had some breeds I wanted... I lost this one last night...
fff1.PNG

I had even given it yolk water when I brought it home.

Sounds ominous, but wanted to get the attention of those considering having chicks shipped to Hawaii's outer islands from the mainland in today's USPS environment. I received an order from Cackle hatchery last Thursday. I ordered 24 chicks, only 2 for myself, rest for others. The hatchery sent 4 extra chicks (one of each breed), so 28 total. 12 chicks died within 36 hours, despite all my efforts. This is nearly half. Last year I had two larger orders sent, with minimal losses. The difference is, it took the chicks a WHOLE EXTRA day to get here compared to last year. Cackle's customer service is exemplary and I was reimbursed for the losses. It was just a heart breaking experience to lose so many chicks, the extra day on the way, was just too hard on the little creatures. I would advise anyone thinking of having chicks sent right now, consider waiting until the USPS straightens out it's current shipping issues.
2024 now and I've heard the same problems happening. Extra day killing all the chicks. So sad.

Back
Top Bottom