Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Phone on night mode could see the color better than me.

20240510_234401.jpg
20240510_234028.jpg

Phone on night mode could see the color better than me.

View attachment 3828969View attachment 3828970
Nice! I'm going to force myself to stay up as long as it takes tonight so I can see (or photograph) the aurora. I just found the "Night" setting on my Samsung phone, so I'm all set.

I looked at the sky last night, at 10, then at 1am and saw nothing. My neighbor across the road showed me pics she took last night between 11 and 12, so I missed the best time I guess.

I'll have to dress warm tonight. Last night was warm, but it's going to be cool tonight, down to 54 degrees at 1 AM.

Nice! I'm going to force myself to stay up as long as it takes tonight so I can see (or photograph) the aurora. I just found the "Night" setting on my Samsung phone, so I'm all set.

I looked at the sky last night, at 10, then at 1am and saw nothing. My neighbor across the road showed me pics she took last night between 11 and 12, so I missed the best time I guess.

I'll have to dress warm tonight. Last night was warm, but it's going to be cool tonight, down to 54 degrees at 1 AM.

It was very light and wispy what my eyes could see. The phone could see all the color though. The long exposure is part of that.

The streaks coming from this overhead starburst were a bit more visible.
20240510_234255.jpg

It was very light and wispy what my eyes could see. The phone could see all the color though. The long exposure is part of that.

The streaks coming from this overhead starburst were a bit more visible. View attachment 3829065
Cool! Now if I can stay awake another 4 or 5 hours...
I got out of bed at 4:30 this morning, so it will be a long day.

DH was up late to see it last night and couldn't. Still going on, huh? Have to be up early, so doubt anyone here will stay up this time. Hope you get some great pics and share them @Smokerbill .

We saw them in Iceland too. They were mostly green there, but pretty amazing. I always laughed when someone new saw them, because they always, without exception, looked up and said "Wow!"

Back
Top Bottom