Week old chick won’t eat or drink; potential leg injury?

WashingonCoop

Hatching
Mar 17, 2023
I am new to chickens; we have 6- 6 week old chicks and they are thriving! We bought 4 Easter Eggers two days ago (they appear to be about a week old based on the feathers showing on wing tips). On day one, one of them was running around the brooder and chirping almost non stop (I don’t know how to attach a video, but imagine her running around, on top of her food, through water, on top of other chicks, etc). Yesterday morning she was just laying down, refusing to move and won’t eat or drink. She will stand for very short periods of time and won’t walk much, she sits or lays down almost right away. If she does stand, she’ll lean up against something Every few hours I’ve been holding her on a warmed rice heat pad and try feeding her mushed food but she refuses it. I made some electrolyte water (1 cup warm water, 2 t maple syrup, 1/8 t baking soda, 1/8 t salt) and am giving that by dropper; she isn’t a fan but will drink it. I’ve started also giving her some of the liquid from the food to try and get some nutrients in her. She has pooped a few times, but it’s much smaller amounts than the other chicks. She’s also almost half the size of the other three, if that’s relevant.
The cage setup is the same that we used with our fist 6, since they did fine we kept it the same. I did add paper towels after she became weak to try and help her walk. Warm side of the brooder is 90 and cool side is 80.
I was going to treat the legs as if it were splayed leg, with the bandage wrapped around both legs. My concern is that if it is a leg injury, will this make it worse? Are there any other things it could be or that I should be trying?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 27
  • D0CEB1AE-FF35-4AF5-AA3E-0E129B34B24F.jpeg
    D0CEB1AE-FF35-4AF5-AA3E-0E129B34B24F.jpeg
    331.9 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 840AE54D-F6AB-40B7-99AC-4DF458F2D791.jpeg
    840AE54D-F6AB-40B7-99AC-4DF458F2D791.jpeg