What are these? Newer pics added

sara

Title Needed Here
12 Years
Jun 25, 2007
at the covered bridge, PA
New chicks came today, we just got the suprise special pullets, any guesses? I think that the two little buff colored ones are either buff orps/rocks. There is one little yellow one, and 5 black and white ones. They aren't barred rocks are they, wouldn't they have a white spot on their head? I'll have to post pictures when they get older.
july82007030.jpg

july82007032.jpg

Last edited:
The big yellow ones may be buff orpingtons/rocks, new hampshire reds, white leghorns, or even delawares -yellow puff balls have a lot of potential change ahead of them. The black ones could be australorps, black sex-links, or minorcas. Ideal is sold out of Hamburgs and many of the "fancier" breeds right now, so it should be easier to narrow it down. And it'll only get easier as they get more feathers -good luck!
big_smile.png

(and are my eyes tricking me, or are there two ducklings in there?!)

There are two little pekin ducklings, I ordered one, got two. We had a white duck that lived in the creek across from our house, but it dissapeared a week ago, and DH was so dissapointed. Even though he says he "hates" the birds he really doesn't. So I ordered him a new one. I really got the chicks just so I would have 25.00 worth of stuff. I'm so anxious to see what they turn into. I don't think they are sex links, or at least all the ones I hatched from mine were solid black from the time they hatched. I looked up the atrolops on feathersite, but they didn't really look like these either. Who knows, time will tell!
big_smile.png

Updated pics...any guesses...i'm sorry they aren't great..the lighting in the barn is terrible..

IMG_0900.jpg

notice the black feathers coming in on the wings..i assumed this was a leghorn, now i don't know what it is..and the legs aren't yellow, maybe grayish..could it just be an EE'r?
IMG_0901.jpg

Back
Top Bottom