What are your experiences witht he R-com 20 Incubator?

kiaya611

Songster
12 Years
Mar 5, 2007
Lebanon, OR
I have been shopping around and narrowed my search to the GQF Hova-Bator 1583TF w/Egg Turner and turbo fan, the Brinsea Octagon 20dDX Digital Autoturn and the R-com 20.

I was actually trying to keep my cost down, but after talking to David Kemp of Kemp's Koops who sells all three units, I decided to go witht he R-com 20.

I had another post about choosing an incubator and after I mentioned that I had chosen the R-com 20, they recommended that I get some opinions and experiences from people who have owned or do own them.

Please let me know what you think of them as I did order it and if there is a problem, I want to be able to exchange it without opening it.

I appreciate your help.

The price that I paid for the R-com was on sale at $350.00 at KempsKoops.com and their price for the Brinsea Octagon 20 Digital is $295.00. It seemed that the R-com 20 offered more features especially the computer controlled humidity that for the extra $50.00, it would be worth it.

Just being new to all of this makes me nervous when I purchase equipment I don't really know about. I try to get the best I can afford that will do the job, but it is hard to figure out what that "best" is sometimes.

There is only so much I can learn by reading and research...at some point, I have to make a descision and hope it wasn't the wrong one.

Having a group like this is invaluable in asking questions that other people have answers to that I don't...that have the experience that don't yet have. I appreciate this group and look to it for advice and when i can I try to share some of my experience.

Anyway, As I mentioned above, for the $50.00 difference, it "seemed" to me that the R-com 20 sounded like a pretty goodincubator, especially for what it offered.

As long as they improved the functions it had when they came out with the R-Com, the three egg one. That one is pure junk IMO, It also has automatic humidity, but it told you nothing. You filled the part with water and kept it full, no way to regulate it or to see what the humidity reading was. I was so not happy with the 3 egg one I certainly wouldn't buy the big one. I much prefer the Lyon bators.

Back
Top Bottom