What did you do with your flock today?

The chicks spent some time in the run while the Polish hens were in their coop so they can get used to each other before the littles move outside full time!

Attachments

• 787E46F6-0004-457E-A8CA-66F4A86A462C.jpeg
    787E46F6-0004-457E-A8CA-66F4A86A462C.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 5
Which is why this new batch doesn't have names yet, except for Dora, the explorer. Always the first to come, and be in new places.
I put zip-ties on the chicks, and refer to them by their zip-tie color until I am sure they're staying. Then I name them.

Some of my hens have names. Most of my roosters have names. The hens that have names should probably all be named "miss priss", as I have spoiled them rotten...

Today was actually 90⁰. It's the first time we've gotten there this year, so the birds got a frozen berry and kale mixture at about 5, when it was the hottest. Obviously there was plenty of cool water and such too.

Some of my birds are unsure if frozen kale is really food. I don't blame them.

IMG_20240501_182147.jpg

I tried to feed my hen a blueberry. She informed me that she was quite done with me attention.

...she was not broody yesterday, but I think she is today. I'm certain she's going to be even more happy when I need to break her brood.

Back
Top Bottom