What is Sweet PDZ

I've been putting it in the compost bin for years, PDZ is totally safe.

The compost bin has three sections, fresh poop and other materials go in the right section. After a year it gets moved to the center section (divider missing in photo). Then after another year it gets moved to the left section. The next spring it gets sifted and bagged.
View attachment 3500843

Compost helpers...
View attachment 3500844

JT
You are a wealth of information! ♥️

My question is for use in a sand floor coop… I have a poop hammock but some droppings escape… the chickens love to dig, sand bath and eat the grit in the sand. Is there any concern with adding this to the sand / sprinkling the Sweet PDZ around the coop sand? We also have a dirt/rock run. Would the PDZ be helpful at controlling flies, or moisture or pests in the run as well?
TIA

You are a wealth of information! ♥️

My question is for use in a sand floor coop… I have a poop hammock but some droppings escape… the chickens love to dig, sand bath and eat the grit in the sand. Is there any concern with adding this to the sand / sprinkling the Sweet PDZ around the coop sand? We also have a dirt/rock run. Would the PDZ be helpful at controlling flies, or moisture or pests in the run as well?
TIA
I have a small coop and use all Sweet PDZ as the flooring. It's like a full size poop board. Zero concerns in the coop ... and lots of advantages. I've never put it in the run, as that's all wood chips.... not sure how much you would need in the run to be effective. I almost never have flies in my coop.

IMG_20210726_183213_737.jpg

Back
Top Bottom