What's the perfect specimen of these breeds?

AtlantisPeeps

Songster
5 Years
May 19, 2014
US
What makes a perfect specimen of the following breeds?
Buff Orpington
Lavender Orpington
Blue Orpington
RLW
Buff PR
RSL
EE
Speckled Sussex

Buff Orpington
Lavender Orpington
Blue Orpington
RLW
Buff PR
RSL
EE
Speckled Sussex
Please need full names, not anagrams. I am not sure of the question. Do you mean visually, production values, color, or?
Best,
Karen

Well, there is not a perfect specimen of any breed or variety, and that is what we work for, as breeders--not perfection, as that is in the eye of the Judge, but CLOSE and "very good to our eyes".

Each Variety (color/pattern) you listed has a Standard description, some specific to the breed, some are slightly different, with the same name, but a different breed (Speckled Sussex, for example. Each description is fairly long for each variety.. Each of the breeds you list has a written Standard description of it's Type. Males and Females, on which the variety is displayed. .

You will find the descriptions in the Standard of Perfection book by the American Poultry Association. Google their website, but you must see the book for the information, along with visiting Shows and visually critiquing the birds you see. Great Fun. A great activity and can lead to great birds and satisfying projects. While I like ALL BREEDS, I chose just one, to do my best to obtain good ones, then produce their "best" individuals, -- my own ""line" of birds that can produce the best for others who take time to study them. Added another variety as I learned the BREED and just one variety, and then another, but space,time and expense gets complicated,if you try to do too many. KEEP RECORD of every egg hatched, every bird raised and who you sold birds to (which birds, not just numbers). You might want some back, if you have losses of your breeding stock. Good luck

Buff Orpington
Lavender Orpington
Blue Orpington
RLW
Buff PR
RSL
EE
Speckled Sussex

Buff and Blue Orpingtons are in the Standard of Perfection; Lavender Orpingtons are not.

Buff Plymouth Rocks are in the SOP, as are Speckled Sussex.

Easter Eggers are just mutts; they're not a breed.

I don't know what RLW and RSL mean....

From your list, I would recommend raising either Buff Orpington, Buff Rocks, or Speckled Sussex.

Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom