When your ladies need water but the moose are around

TinyRaptorDodos

Crowing
May 23, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
I was trying to bring my ladies water but I went outside and then went right back in because right next to the coop was a momma and a baby moose. For those if you who do not know this a momma with a baby is extremely dangerous and much more prone to attack. The baby is the size of a slightly larger than average horse and the snow is up to its KNEES. I’m not looking forward to going out today 😭 😂
FC69F6F2-72C6-4B36-9100-931472F067C2.jpeg
C450233A-9324-463E-A396-2A919BBCF980.jpeg
CFA6FE04-F52E-4E76-B6B1-E6FC10B1BA4A.jpeg
F1B48761-F9FE-46C5-83AD-63A5AE98992E.jpeg

You're smart to be cautious!
Just Alaskan, I’ve had to get close to one before to get my old dog away from the moose and thankfully she was very relaxed and just let me do it. Other then that I know too many people they have had bad experiences with moose to not be careful 😂 on Facebook there was a video with two Bulls fighting and one of them ended up in the trunk of some guys truck but let me tell you, they’re HUGE, especially the bulls, the cows are a bit smaller

Just Alaskan, I’ve had to get close to one before to get my old dog away from the moose and thankfully she was very relaxed and just let me do it. Other then that I know too many people they have had bad experiences with moose to not be careful 😂 on Facebook there was a video with two Bulls fighting and one of them ended up in the trunk of some guys truck but let me tell you, they’re HUGE, especially the bulls, the cows are a bit smaller

I used to live in Wyoming and have heard enough first hand accounts of moose encounters. They don't all turn out well. And you're right, they are huge!

Back
Top Bottom