WHICH ROOSTER

Cool pics Mechanic! Fine looking chicks as well as the young ladies tending them... a fine family! I have a RIR rooster (2 yrs old) and he is very calm and has never attempted to go after anyone, he is very attentive to his "girls" and watchful over them. I don't know how the Brown Leghorns are but the RIR I have is great!

I would probably go with a RIR. Leghorns are from the Meditrainean (sp) class and tend to be a bit more flighty and spastic. Although I have heard horror stories about RIR roosters. JMO

smile.png

Thanks to Marion for the comments and the help;

Thanks Dustin Biery; since both of you feel that the RIR is the best that is the way we'll go.

Thanks

I would try the RIR too. We have a gal on the EzBoard, Amy in Ohio, that has a very sweet RIR rooster. One person's bad experience may not be an indicator of all RIR roosters. They really are beautiful birds. Just keep a close eye one him.

I vote RIR. Leghorns are crazy suckers. I will only keep them to sell as soup birds. The one I had kept for a beautiful build became the meanest little sucker in the WORLD!!!

Well, the discision of which rooster was answered on its own. We have 5 RIR, 4 Browns Leghorns, and 3 White rock hens. But one of the Brown Leghorns turned out to be a Roo. We shall see what kind of mannerism he has.

He'll be about 4 weeks on tues. Here are some Pics.
Just wanted to let Ya'll know.

Ray
Some Pics.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mechanic1987

Back
Top Bottom