White call or Pekin egg??

tx_dane_mom

Songster
12 Years
Sep 23, 2007
SE Texas
Does anyone know how to tell me which of my ducks I am getting eggs from?
smile.png
I have been getting eggs for 4 days and they are white. My snowy call eggs were blue. The eggs seem to be getting *slightly* larger...so I am not certain it's not the pekin girl. I only have one pair of white calls & one pair of pekin old enough to lay.
I *thought* it was the call b/c my snowy call girl was laying and I thought Pekins *only* layed in the spring.
Input would be MUCH appreciated.
Thanks,
Kristi

I don't know anything about call duck eggs, but I've only got one Pekin girl, so I am 100% positive about the source. Mine started laying in early October - I was amazed. She is a spring hatch, probably April or May. Not sure since she wasn't mine to start.
The eggs range from about the size of a large chicken egg, to the whopper-size. They change daily. She lays probably 3 out of every five days, sometimes more. They are pretty white; not as bright white as a chicken, but definitely not what I'd call taupe.

Hmm, these are 'medium' sized so I guess that more or less leads me to thinking it's the call girl.
Anyone able to tell me what color white call eggs are? Are they white or are they blueish like the snowies' are? That'd help alot.
I appreciate it!
Kristi

Back
Top Bottom