Who else enjoys time with their flock?

Wauw! Your Avatar @Lacy Duckwing Reeeeaaaaaally Beautiful! Are you a photographer?
Thank you! Yes, though not professionally. That picture is of my hen Midnight. 😊

You tagged me before I got to post. I have a YouTube channel where I occasionally post videos of my birds too. It has the same name as I have here, Lacy Duckwing. Here's a link: https://youtube.com/@DuckwingPhotography?si=2z-nXjs4YFAaXLs7
I've been posting more Shorts than actual videos lately (which are taken with my phone, so the quality on those aren't that great).

Thank you! Yes, though not professionally. That picture is of my hen Midnight. 😊

You tagged me before I got to post. I have a YouTube channel where I occasionally post videos of my birds too. It has the same name as I have here, Lacy Duckwing. Here's a link: https://youtube.com/@DuckwingPhotography?si=2z-nXjs4YFAaXLs7
I've been posting more Shorts than actual videos lately (which are taken with my phone, so the quality on those aren't that great).

You are definitely as good as many professionals.. Love your channel too!
This is my favourite for now... such a beautiful roo!

You are definitely as good as many professionals.. Love your channel too!
This is my favourite for now... such a beautiful roo!

Thank you so much!
That was one of my Silver Duckwing Old English Game bantam roosters (it was from his biological grandmother that I got the name for both my channel and here). His name was Lester (named after his father, Chester). Thank you again!

Off subject, but what is the name of your crested duck in your video? She's adorable! 😍

Thank you so much!
That was one of my Silver Duckwing Old English Game bantam roosters (it was from his biological grandmother that I got the name for both my channel and here). His name was Lester (named after his father, Chester). Thank you again!

Off subject, but what is the name of your crested duck in your video? She's adorable! 😍
Thank you for explaining the ancesters of Lester for me.

The crested duck is called Bea. It's kind of a slightly funny name in Dutch. It derives from Beatrix, our former Queen. Beatrix always had (and has) a perfect hairdo, never a hair out of place. ( if you google dutch + beatrix you'll see!) Bea does too. hence the name. She is very sweet. One of the lowest in the peckingorder. she has to wait before she can eat in peace. So she always waits really exited to get some food from my hand. I love the way she appreciates the extra attention.

thank you for asking and noticing her 💛

Thank you for explaining the ancesters of Lester for me.

The crested duck is called Bea. It's kind of a slightly funny name in Dutch. It derives from Beatrix, our former Queen. Beatrix always had (and has) a perfect hairdo, never a hair out of place. ( if you google dutch + beatrix you'll see!) Bea does too. hence the name. She is very sweet. One of the lowest in the peckingorder. she has to wait before she can eat in peace. So she always waits really exited to get some food from my hand. I love the way she appreciates the extra attention.

thank you for asking and noticing her 💛
Wow, that's so cool! Thank you for taking the time to explain the story behind Bea's name. She must feel like a queen just because of her hairdo alone. I actually have a hen name Beatrix, though I didn't know that there was a queen with the same name. Unfortunately, my Beatrix doesn't have a cool hairdo like Bea or the queen. (She's actually molting right now, poor girl.)

This is my Beatrix. The video was taken around Christmas time, hence the tree in the background.

Haha, Beatrix looks very concentrated 😊 how old is she?
My Bea is very humble, don't think she knows she's named after a royal...
Yeah, though I think she was actually being weird when I took that video. If I recall correctly, she was being active until I put my phone in front of her, then she'd just behave like she was in the video. She's a year and a half now.
Aw, how sweet! 🥰

Back
Top Bottom