🖌Community Art Nook🖌

Pics
About a month back I got my hands on a cow skull. I like to paint skulls and I have multiple that I have painted. A cow skull is by far the biggest I have in my collection so far.

I need help deciding what to paint/put on it and what theme to go with. I sometimes go with a theme of how the animal died, if I knew how it died. Most of the ones I have I don't know how they died. And sometimes I go with something relating to the species or something related to how I got the skull.
20240515_130502.jpg

Here are some examples of my work:

Raccoon skull, this one was painted with sakura blossoms because I believe it died of old age. One day I went outside and it was dead in the back yard with no injuries. It's canines were really filed down, a sign of age. He was painted with a peaceful theme to represent a natural and peaceful death.
20240515_131421.jpg

20240515_131426.jpg

Coyote Skull, a dog brought the old dead body of a coyote from lord knows where, so I got the skull. I had no idea how it died, I am assuming by a farmer that lived nearby. I painted the coyote with a viking theme because it is a canine and vikings liked their canines. I gave the skull some chains over the muzzle to show that coyotes are often silenced and preferred to be quiet.
20240515_131256.jpg

20240515_131311.jpg

Deer skull, this one is the newest one, other than the cow skull. I got this one from my husband about a year ago. He also gave me a bouqet with it. We had no idea how it died, he just found the bones in the woods and knew I would like it. I put both the skull and bouqet together in the art piece. I also used my wood burning tools to make some dotted "shading" for extra detail. This one is not painted.
20240515_131346.jpg

20240515_131354.jpg

Ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom