Accidental Chickens - Breeds??

I’m thinking those are walnut combs, like you’d find on a Silkie. Walnut would make sense genetically if it was an EE hen crossed with a rooster that had a rose comb, but I’m assuming that it was the same rooster who sired Fuzzyfoot. His mom was likely a Marans based on the brown speckled egg and the feathered legs, though she could also have been a mix herself.

If the EE mixes have walnut combs, I think males have a generally wider comb than the girls, and maybe slightly puffier. It’s not a comb type I have any experience with though, and I believe it can be difficult to judge one way or the other until the birds are older. So far I still think they’re pullets, but we’ll just have to wait and see!

Thank you Winderdear for keeping up with me!! Your input has been awesome. I'm really excited to see how these guys all grow up to be. Slightly distracted with my baby geese right now but will keep updating!

Thank you Winderdear for keeping up with me!! Your input has been awesome. I'm really excited to see how these guys all grow up to be. Slightly distracted with my baby geese right now but will keep updating!
You’re welcome, I’m so glad I could help! Good luck with all of your baby birds! ❤️

Back
Top Bottom